Instructions: Below are several statements about you with which you may agree or disagree. Using the response scale below, indicate your agreement or disagreement with each item by placing the appropriate number on the line preceding that item.
1 2 3 4 5
Strongly Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Strongly Agree
1. _____ I am confident I get the success I deserve in life.
2. _____ Sometimes I feel depressed. (r)
3. _____ When I try, I generally succeed.
4. _____ Sometimes when I fail I feel worthless. (r)
5. _____ I complete tasks successfully.
6. _____ Sometimes, I do not feel in control of my work. (r)
7. _____ Overall, I am satisfied with myself.
8. _____ I am filled with doubts about my competence. (r)
9. _____ I determine what will happen in my life.
10. _____ I do not feel in control of my success in my career. (r)
11. _____ I am capable of coping with most of my problems.
12. _____ There are times when things look pretty bleak and hopeless to me. (r)
Note: r=reverse-scored. Source: Judge, T. A., Erez, A., Bono, J. E., & Thoresen, C. J. (2003). The Core Self- Evaluations Scale (CSES): Development of a measure. Personnel Psychology, 56, 303- 331.