Test preparation programs and materials are a big business in the United States and vary widely in cost, content, approach, and effectiveness.
For this assignment, students will answer the questions on page 223 in Chapter 10 in Drummond, Sheperis, and Jones (2016).
- Describe the purpose of the aptitude test.
- Explain the differences between achievement tests and aptitude tests.
- Describe multiple-aptitude test batteries, specialized aptitude tests, admissions tests, and readiness tests.
- Explain some key areas assessed with specialized aptitude tests, such as clerical ability, mechanical ability, and artistic ability.
- Describe admissions tests and explain their purpose.
- Describe the use of readiness tests.